Although it is well known that most improvement potential is "buried" in unresolved cross-functional issues, this doesn't make it any easier to deal with them effectively. A typical example would be that action items “agreed” in cross-functional meetings do not receive full support in practice, threatening the results that the company wants and needs to make.
Such conflicts typically result from three sources: an unclear business strategy, a performance management system that does not support aligned behavior, and a lack of understanding regarding the other functional processes and their point of view.
While the problems around business strategy and performance management can be "technically" solved, it takes further effort to achieve understanding that is aligned company-wide and provides a robust basis for action.
We therefore prepare on demand specific sessions/workshops for top management and key people in functional/line management roles in which typical cross-functional issues are described and discussed. Understanding each other's daily functional processes, daily routines, and point of view builds a solid foundation for resolving cross-functional issues. Typical sessions are:
- Everything a design engineer should know about Production
- Everything Purchasing should know about Production
- Everything Purchasing should know about Product Development
- Everything Sales should know about Production & Scheduling
- Everything Marketing should know about Product Development
We also offer specific Top Management sessions, for example:
- Mass Customization – The world's most advanced customer-focused operating system
- Performance Management – Aligning all activities to a common goal
- Lean Product Design – The best way to reduce total cost
- Lean Manufacturing – Understanding the core concepts & tools
Often these sessions serve as breakthrough opportunities for building alignment and awareness among senior executives and are typically followed by a guided discussion on what decisions / actions could and should be taken to improve company performance.
Moveahead | Postfach 1147 | 85729 München | Germany
Fon: +49 89 37067 330 | Fax: +49 89 37067 332 | firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2007 Moveahead TM. All Rights Reserved | Moveahead is a registered Trademark in Germany. Reproduction or modification in whole or part without written permission is prohibited.